Monday 21 January 2013

friendship

I count myself very lucky for the amazing women in my life I have the honor of calling my friends.  They are the kind of friends I can always count on - who know me through and through.  The kind of friends that don't hold a grudge if it's been weeks since we last spoke, that I am always excited to see no matter how recent or long since the last meeting.
We've shared years of friendship this sacred circle - travelled together, lived together, counselled each other through all life's sticky situations, and now even raising children, growing families along side one another.
It's a true blessing to have that kind of connection with one person (let alone the 4 I have!)... a true gift I will never take for granted.

And so watching Matilda start to form undeniable friendships of late with a few special little people of her own, fills me with so much joy and comfort.
Witnessing connections grow and blossom, the excited recognition when these tiny friends see each other approach.
Nothing sweeter than the spontaneous displays of affection they share - a bashful kiss on the cheek, or a clumsy cuddle mid-play.

In just a couple of weeks we are skipping over toTassie with some dear friends for a week, two families with little ones similar age to Tilly - pals since birth, friends for life no doubt.
It will be our first real trip with Madam, and I can't wait to witness her excitement as she tackles the adventure with her friends - so much fun will be had, all the more sweeter when shared.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love to watch the little ones start and explore friendships of their own. Gorgeous. Enjoy this little island of ours! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol - what fantastic photos!

    Falling asleep each night dreaming about Tassie... :) x

    ReplyDelete