Tuesday 9 October 2012

Treasure Hunting


Amidst all the madness of moving preparations, I am managing to have some fun hunting for treasure - seeking out special little treats for upcoming celebrations and gifts.

I recently signed up for this Advent Swap, and am delighting in the mission to collect a mix of bought, thrifted and hand-made goodies for my swap partner. 
There is something really quite lovely about preparing a package of surprises for a complete stranger - it calls for extra thought and imagination when selecting or creating each daily treat.  When you can't visualise the kitchen windowsill a little ornament might rest upon, or be familiar with the receiver's daily rituals or routines, it adds an extra sense of intrigue when dreaming up my shopping list.  I am loving it!

Tomorrow is also the 1st Birthday of a very special little lady - and Tilly's bestie.  Such a milestone this turning 1 business (for bubba and parents), calling for a few special mementos, wrapped up with lots of love*.  After a little road-testing with Matilda, I am happy that Birthday Girl will approve.

Lastly, there is also a secret gifting mission underway for another dear friend - but I can't speak too much about that, as little birdies might give it all away!!

Needless to say I am in shopping/thrifting/crafting heaven right now - feeling very smug at the current present seeking genius at play.  The only hard part is the agonising wait until I can actually hand them all over, and receive that wonderful reward of delight spread across some very deserving faces.


*I say wrapped with love, however it was really wrapped with recyclables - I stupidly packed all my supplies prematurely for the move! Sorry Little One!

4 comments:

  1. Hello, I just clicked over here for the first time and had to say - recyclables wrapping is the best! I would have had no idea that those bits are on their second wrapping. Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely wrapping...a very lucky little girl!
    Enjoy you week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recyclables are the best sort of wrapping :-) I'm sure it will go down a treat! :-)

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. found your blog via Nell's and congrats on the move - your place sounds like a dream, enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete